Hide

--- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM ---

Hide
hide

Church History information for Brunswick Free Methodist, Bury and places above it in the hierarchy

Brunswick Free Methodist, Bury

It was founded before 1835 and closed in 1967. It had a school attached. The buildings were demolished around 1969 and they started to mark graves with yellow X's, then they began to move burials to Gig lane cemetery at Bury. Not all the graves were re-interred and the land was then filled in with waste and leveled off. A retail park now stands on the site. There is a small memorial garden in the centre of the carpark.

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.

Bury

"From Dr. V. D. Lipman's inspection of the originals of the census returns of 1851, it is clear that the 'synagogues' at Bury, Lutterworth and Haslingden (and one of those at Leeds) were in fact places of worship of a non-Jewish (though perhaps Judaising) sect who called themselves 'Israelites.' "

from Cecil Roth's history of provincial Jewry published in 1940

Lancashire

UK and Ireland