Hide

--- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM ---

Hide
hide

Church History information for St Mary Roman Catholic, Preston and places above it in the hierarchy

St Mary Roman Catholic, Preston

It was founded in 1605 and closed in 1992.

St. Marys was on an elevated site on the south side of Friargate brow. The only access was by a flight of steps in a small tunnel through a row of shops. The church was demolished in the 1990s and the site is now a car park. A small shrine at the end of the tunnel marks the location of the church porch.

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.

Lancashire

UK and Ireland