Hide
--- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM ---
Hide
CLUN: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.
hide
Hide
"CLUN, (Salop) which takes its name from its r. Colun, stands on the S. side of Bishops-Castle; and bel. formerly to the Fitz-Alans, afterwards Es. of Arundel, and Lds. of the Marches; one of whom built a castle here, to awe the Welsh. Here was formerly a chantry."
[Transcribed information from England's Gazetteer - Stephen Whatley - 1750](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]