Hide
--- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM --- TEST SYSTEM ---
Hide
Our Lady of the Angels, Saltash, Roman Catholic
hide
Hide
Hide
In 1884 French Franciscans opened a novitiate at Saltash, dedicating their new church to Our Lady of the Angels. In 1896 the Franciscans left and sold the property to the bishop. When that building became unsafe in 1940 after war damage, the parish moved to the chapel at the Good Shepherd convent, built in 1935 from designs by Wilfred Mangan and dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. When the Sisters left in 1959 they sold the site to the diocese. In 2004 these buildings and adjoining land were sold for redevelopment, and the congregation worshipped for a while in a nearby Anglican church. Construction of the new church, designed by Jim Caley of the Plymouth firm of Lacey Hickey and Caley and built by Midas Construction, began in the summer of 2006. The project cost was £450,000, offset in part by sale of adjoining land as part of a new housing development. The first service was held on Palm Sunday in 2007, and the church was consecrated by Bishop Budd on 4 May 2007. The new church has reverted to the old dedication to Our Lady of the Angels.
More details and photographs of the church can be found here.
- OpenStreetMap
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Hide
hide


















